How To Make Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Everyone loves a great fall recipe. But who says that pumpkin recipes are only allowed in the fall? We wanted to make an easy pumpkin recipe that can be enjoyed year-round! We decided that an easy whoopie pie recipe is perfect for any occasion. This pumpkin whoopie pie is a simple twist on a classic dessert. We make these pies with only the best ingredients so you can feel good about indulging in this delicious snack! These fall treats are perfect gifts for teachers, neighbors, and family members. Try out our pumpkin whoopie pie recipe today and let us know how it turns out!
There are a few new ingredients that we used in this recipe! First, we use Einkorn all-purpose flour. This type of flour is higher in protein, lower in carbs, and is much easier for our bodies to digest. It is also grown organically and is not bleached.
The sugar used in this recipe is Sukrin Gold! This is a natural sugar that is made from fruits. There is nothing harmful or processed in the ingredients, and it is much lower in calories and carbs! This type of sugar can be used instead of brown sugar or white sugar and tastes better than both! And unlike other sugar alternatives, like stevia, there is no aftertaste.
Finally, we use all organic and pure ingredients in this recipe. This includes grass-fed butter, aluminum free baking powder, and pink Himalayan salt. These quality ingredients are what make these whoopie pies so much better than other alternatives!
How to Make Our Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Recipe
To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get out your ingredients. You will want to make sure that the egg, butters, and cream cheese are all at room temperature.
Combine all the dry ingredients together and sift. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients and then add the egg and butter. Whisk together until the mixture is yellow. Next, add the vanilla extract.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients while whisking. We want to make sure the mixture is well combined, but not over mixed. Once you have the mixture completed, use an ice cream scoop to scoop about 16 pies onto a piece of parchment paper or onto a silicon mat. Place the pies into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
While the pies are in the oven, begin on the filling. Combine the room temperature butter and cream cheese together and mix until fluffy. Next, add the sugar. Once the mixture is completely combined, put it in the fridge to cool and harden.
After the pies come out of the oven, use a cookie cutter or knife to shape the pies. Once they are completely cooled, add the filling to the pies. If you don’t let them cool, the filling will melt!
These pies will stay fresh in the fridge for days. Make sure you put them in an airtight container to keep them fresh!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can pure organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter or refined coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients for the pies in a bowl and sift.
- In another bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. Add the egg and the butter (or coconut oil) after they warm up to room temperature.
- Whisk together until combined and add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Whisk well but be careful not to over mix!
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the pies onto a piece of parchment paper or onto a silicon mat. The mixture will make about 16 pies.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the pies bake, start on the filling by combining the room temperature butter and cheese together until fluffy.
- Add the sugar to the filling and mix together well.
- Put the filling into the fridge to cool and harden.
- After the pies come out of the oven, shape them with a knife or a cookie cutter.
- Let the pies cool completely and then add the filling!
- Store in the fridge and enjoy for days!