Easy Mug Recipes: Pancake in a Mug
This recipe for a pancake in a mug is perfect for busy mornings or for a quick snack. This recipe is made with 5 simple ingredients and is easy and delicious!
Aayah and Hanneen made this recipe and it was a hit! While most bakers don’t usually bake in a microwave, learning to make mug recipes is an easy and delicious way to make a quick treat. Our recipe for a microwaveable pancake in a mug is a perfect solution for a quick breakfast and for busy mornings. Try out our pancake in a mug recipe today and let us know how it turns out!
Mug Recipe Tips
Before we jump into the recipe, we want to give you a few tips for cooking a recipe in a mug:
- Be careful not to overcook! This is the easiest mistake to make when cooking microwave recipes. If your pancake is rubbery, take it out a bit earlier next time you try this recipe!
- How long should you cook it? With different microwaves, the cook times may vary. This is due to the power levels or wattage of your microwave. To be safe, try cooking your recipe for about 3/4 the time on the recipe and check to see if it is done cooking. If not, throw it back in the microwave to finish cooking!
Use Quality Ingredients
Using quality ingredients is key to making microwave recipes taste great. Instead of plain baking flour, this recipe calls for Einkorn whole wheat flour. This flour has much less gluten than other types of flour. This makes it more suitable for people with slight gluten intolerances or wheat allergies! This type of flour also has higher protein levels, making it a healthier option.
Not only is it healthier, but it is not bleached or enriched. Unbleached flour has a denser texture which allows for more structure in your baked goods. It also helps to increase your intake of nutrients and minimize your exposure to some chemicals that come from bleaching.
This type of wheat can also be substituted for other alternative types of wheat in recipes.
How to Make Our Pancake in a Mug Recipe
To begin this recipe, you will want to melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Meanwhile, line a mug with a piece of parchment paper before adding in the ingredients. This will help the pancake to cook evenly and will make it moist and fluffy.
Next, add in the flour and syrup to the butter and mix until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Microwave for 50-60 seconds. The cook time for this recipe will depend on how moist you want your pancake to be. Once cooked, remove the pancake from the microwave and add butter, syrup, and any other toppings! Watch our video for more tips on how to make the best mug recipes in the microwave!
Pancake In A Mug
- 4 tbsp organic Einkorn whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp organic milk
- 1 tbsp organic syrup
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- non-alcoholic vanilla extract (optional)
- Line a mug with parchment paper. This will help the pancake cook evenly and will keep it moist and fluffy.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30seconds. Add in the milk and syrup and mix.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder
- Microwave for 50-60 seconds and immediately top with butter, syrup, or other toppings!